Abstracts can be submitted before 30th January 2023
The text must be formatted in Arial font size 10 and single line spacing. ALL CAPS for text (other than abbreviations or acronyms) are not allowed. The abstract text may not be longer than a maximum of 250 words.
Authors may include a maximum of one figure or table per abstract.
Abstract titles must be submitted according to the scientific rules. This includes any special characters and special words that need to be capitalized or in italics. Abstract titles will be proofread. Titles in ALL CAPS (other than abbreviations or acronyms) are not allowed.
The International System of Units (SI) should be used wherever appropriate. Genus and species names should be written in full on first mention and then abbreviated on subsequent mention.
- The following scientific rules apply (examples in brackets):
- Systematic names (genus, family and higher orders): capitalized (Chlamydia, Enterobacteriaceae, Picornaviridae).
- Non-English expressions: non-English expressions in English texts are written in italics, e.g. force majeure, in vitro/in vivo, ad hoc, ex officio
- Taxonomic names: are to be italicized, e.g. Staphylococcus aureus, Clostridium difficile.
- Non-systematic names (e.g. plural): lower case and not italicized (group A streptococci, mycobacteria, chlamydiae).
- Generic drug names: lower case (penicillin).
- Avoid using brand names; if needed: capitalized with trademark symbol (Rocephin®).
- Diseases and viruses: lower case (hepatitis, herpes zoster, herpesvirus, West Nile virus).
- Please observe standard English grammar rules including a space after full stops and commas.
- Only common abbreviations may be used without definition.
Submit your abstract
Please make sure to have all fields completed before you finally submit your abstract. You will receive a confirmation by email after the submission (please make sure to state your correct email address!). Please note that correspondence regarding acceptance or rejection of the abstract will be sent to the presenting author.
Each abstract will be reviewed by the ICOHAR Scientific Committee who will also make the final selection. Notification of acceptance or rejection of submitted abstracts will be sent to the corresponding authors via email by the end of February 2023. Full instructions concerning preparation and presentation will be included.
One prize will be awarded to the best oral presentation given by a young scientist. The prize will be awarded during the Award ceremony on Thursday, 20 April 2023.
If you have any questions or need any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact the ICOHAR2023 Secretariat